Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Good Ole' USofA

So for my professional development, I had to make a trip to the US in the form of going to South San Francisco, my home away from home…away from home. I was actually delayed by 2 days because my flight out of Shanghai was cancelled. So while my miles are with United, I am not hesitant to say that my flight from Shanghai was cancelled, then my flight home was delayed by 2 hours and the flight home had no video…to take note that is a 13 hour flight without any audio or video…I was able to catch up on my reading, but missed watching Jumper (a movie that I don't really want to go out of my way to see).

My time in the States was good, busy, but good. As I noted in my previous post, I was able to catch parts of the NFL Draft, Renee had ordered a bunch of stuff online that I had waiting for me at the hotel, so while I needed to do some shopping, it wasn't as much as I normally do when I am back in the States. This time around I had a hard time sleeping in fact most nights I only got 1 or 2 hours of sleep, not because I wanted to stay up, but rather because my body didn't want to go to sleep. I was definitely running on fumes my last day there, but being tired helped when I arrived because I arrived in the evening so was able to go right to sleep when I got home. Overall, not much happened, had some good Mexican food (something that is non-existent in China), had some good donuts at around 2am (also something non-existent in China), and had a really good sub (also something non-existent in China), got very little sleep, and was able to catch up on all the nuances of the US that I miss out on by being China (in just a couple of days).

No comments: