Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The sick ward has been moved to.....

Our apartment. Yes, turns out I had no room to complain about working over the weekend because, some would argue, that I had the good end of the stick working over the weekend in that nowhere town in China. You see my wife was at home tending to our sickly kids. They have both come down with a case of hand, foot and mouth disease. Personally I'm not sure if there is a disease that has more body parts in its name other then the infamous ring finger, oesophagus, eye, spleen and femur disease (a dreaded disease well known by the bourgeois in the heartland of Finland).

Anyway, Jacob was the first to come down with it and word from my wife wass that he didn't eat for a couple of days because it hurts too much to swallow. His alternative was to run around with a big fistful of food in his mouth looking like he is a baseball player chomping on tobacco. Maddie was the second to come down with it and even though mommy has told her that she has to take medicine in her mouth, she has exclaimed out loud, "I don't want to take medicine in my mouth, I want to have medicine in my butt." I really hope she grows out of this stage of no medicine in the mouth, because the alternative is just hard to swallow…..come on…come on, that is a good pun you will be using for years to come.

No comments: