Monday, October 22, 2007

Late Night Queen


During our honeymoon I was awoken one night at around midnight by the sound of crowd laughter coming from the television. Even though I had already been asleep for about 2 hours, my wife was still up watching something on the good ole television. It was at that time that I decided to request that we not have a television in our bedroom for the rest of our marriage (what can I say, I like my beauty sleep). This has played a huge part in me getting to bed and not being awoken by my wife giggling at the TV or having some loud advertisement scare me out of my sleep.

As you may or may not know, Sunday morning at 3am (China time) was the finals for the Rugby World Cup, I got up with my UK friend and we watched England lose 15-9, needless to say, I was quite tired on Sunday, but I didn't a nap, so I headed to bed a little bit before 8pm. My wife decided to watch some episodes of Grey's Anatomy (as we got the first 3 seasons on DVD from a friend that is moving back to the US). When I woke up at around 11pm, I noticed that Renee was not in bed yet, so I walked to the office to find her watching Grey's Anatomy, I warned her to come to bed cause she will be tired the next day, but my warning fell on deaf ears. I then awoke at 3am to find that the place next to me in bed was still empty. I fell right back to sleep and have no idea when she came to bed, but I do know that she had to get up around 7:15 this morning, so I can say with certainty that there was not much sleeping going on for my wife last night.

No comments: