Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Best...so far

The Editor's new CD "An End Has a Start" was released today, and there is no question that this is the best album of 2007 so far (you may ask how I know since it was just released, well I have been listening to the album for the past couple of weeks on their myspace page, so yes, I know).

Yes the lead singer sounds like Interpol's lead singer, I haven't heard much of Interpol's new album, but from what I hear the only comparison is in the sound of the voice of the each band's lead singer, other then that there is really no comparisons. I hate comparing bands to other bands, but to give you an idea as to the music I like, the lead for best CD so far this year was Bloc Party. Note that I am in China and I am not one that is going to spend $300USD's a year buying music so there are certainly other albums out there that I'm sure are great (The Arcade Fire? LCD Soundsystem? Spoon?), but based on what I have heard and bought these two take the cake so far.

No comments: