Friday, April 3, 2009

Orioles Precition


Even though I said I would be boycotting MLB, I retracted my boycott and am going back to my annual tradition of trying to predict how the O's are going to do this year. Last year I predicted that they would go 59 and 103, they won 9 more games then I thought they would ending the season at 68-93 which really confuses me since it appears they only played 161 games last year instead of the standard 162 games; I guess there was a rained out game that was never made up again, which is probably good so that they wouldn't lose again.

This year I am going out on a limb. They exceeded my expectations last year and while it would be easy for me to continue to predict that they will have a losing season (would be their 13th in a row), I am going to go out on a limb. In order to prevent a losing season the Orioles would have to win 81 games. I know that they basically don't have a starting pitcher capable of winning more then 10 games, but I believe that something good will happen this season. They won't make the playoffs or anything that great, but I think they can get over .500. This year's prediction, 83 – 79; yes that would be a winning season and good jumping off point for the future. I can't wait, I will be back in the US for most of the season and hope to be watching the birds win it up (over half the time).

No comments: