Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What a Great Run


While the National Champion has already been crowned, I feel like I just have to touch on 'Nova's run in the tourney. First, for anyone who doesn't see the benefit of a tourney (i.e, the same organization that puts on the basketball tourney, the NCAA), 'Nova showed what a team that not only plays hard, but plays great can do in a 5 game stretch. Yes, they are from a major conference and yes they were dangling around the top 10 for much of the end of the season, but Villanova certainly does not have the same resources available to them like a UNC, UCONN or MSU. While it was a great team, it was still a huge underdog (even in some games like UCLA and Duke), yet they were scrappy and gritty and with good execution, they were able to make it to the Final Four…WOW…the Final Four…AMAZING. I never thought I would be able to see the day when my boys made it to the Final Four, in fact they may not ever do it again (of course I have faith that if Wright sticks around, we would have a good chance sometime in the future), so I had to cherish this year as a year that the boys did something special.

Thanks for the Great Run and the Fun times in following it (by the way, next time if you could make sure I am in the US, I would appreciate).

No comments: