Friday, April 4, 2008

My prediction and some memories


Even though the baseball season has begun, I still have to make it a priority to give my prediction for the Orioles this season. If you can remember all the way back to last year, I predicted they would land somewhere around .500, but in fact they came no where close. This year I am going to try to be more realistic (note that this prediction was made over email prior to the first two games of this season), my prediction for my boys for this season is 59-103. That's right, I think this is even slightly inflated for them this season, but I am optimistic.


So this season will be another flop, but they are still my team and as such I have to rely on my memories of when things were better. I remember my first opening day in 1988, my dad picked me up early from elementary school and we went to have a great day at Memorial Stadium. The O's lost, but it was still a great day of exciting baseball...oh wait...how could this be the "better days," the O's lost their first 21 games that season. Well, I also remember going to opening day in 2003...wait...there was some periods of heavy snow that came to a peak when one of the Cleveland Indians hit a pop fly to right field and it was snowing so heavy that the right fielder (Jay Gibbons?) couldn't even see the ball. Oh well, so my good memories were of the O's losing, oh well, they are 1-1 as I write this entry, so at least they won't beat their 0-21 season start.


Go O's!!

2 comments:

Awesome Yankee Fan said...

Maybe if the O's stop boozin it up, they might win somethin...what a disgrace, Ripken shoulda been a Yankee!!!

Matt said...

Wow...Ripken and Yankees should never, ever, be associated with each other.

Oh and by the way, if you are going to talk smack, at least wait until later in the season when the Yankess have a better record then the O's, check out the current scoreboard.