Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The spiciest chip in the....wait


One souvenir that I was given from Japan was the chips that were in the bag pictured above. Even though I don't read any Japanese, a fairly universal way of saying that something is really spicy is to not just put a hot pepper on your bag, rather put a hot pepper that looks angry and has taken a couple of punches in his day. The Japanese are not really well known for their spciy foods (unless you like to take large bites of wasabi), so I wasn't expecting anything too spicy. The chip was a corn chip shaped in O's, a consistency very similar to that of a Frito. The flavor, while not overwhemingly spicy, had a nice kick to it. The chip was actually a very very good chip with some nice flavor to it. All in all, it was one of the best chips I have ever had...not as spicy as it appears to have been advertised, but who cares that was a darn good chip. For the makers of this chip I do give one piece of advice: I would try to sell the product with more a friendly looking hot pepper...one that says, yes I have a little spice to me, but in the end I will leave you smiling...this pepper just looks like he wants you to suffer at both ends of the eating spectrum.

No comments: