Monday, December 10, 2007

Apparently, I'm the government

I still have my office telephone number for my phone in the US, thus if anyone calls, they are greeted with my message telling them that I am overseas and if they need anything that they should contact the receptionist. I have yet to get any voice messages through my first year and half here in China, until this past week. I guess even having an away message will not keep the idiots away.

Last week I checked my US email (which, if you are not up to speed with technology, our voice messages in the US get sent to right to our email inbox, if you didn't know that and you live in China, I understand, this is the same place where I don't even have voicemail at my place of work) and found the following message waiting for me.

"Hello….is this the government? I want to thank you for the good work you did in the community and this is Dennis Prince and I want to compliment you. Thank you very much, goodbye."

Not sure who this Dennis Prince guy is, but I guess he thinks there is some general number out there that you can call and give compliments to the government for all that they do. Either somehow my number was confused with that fantastic sounding phone number or my number is actually that number people should call. While I want to believe that it is not the latter, I can believe that in my 5 years of working at my Company that there would only be 1 phone call complimenting the government for their work in the community, so my search for an answer goes on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.